A deep cleansing facial is an essential and indispensable step in skincare to help your skin clean and be well-prepared for the next skincare steps. There are many facial cleansers on the market with different extracts, but green tea is always a noticeable ingredient for all skin types. Green tea is considered a natural herb favored worldwide, rich in oxidizing compounds, capable of removing toxins and black pigment from the skin, helping to restore skin damage and bring unexpected results. This article will provide information about green tea benefits in skincare and the best Green Tea cleansers you must try!
The effect of washing your face with green tea
Not only does it protect and fight skin aging, but green tea also has an effective anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, and soothing effect and effectively treats acne.
Inside green tea, a group of substances, Vitamins B, C, chlorophyll, and tannin acid, have the effect of tightening pores, smoothing the skin, and anti-acne-bacteria. In addition, green tea whitens the skin, making the skin soft and smooth, effectively proven through green tea face wash.
In the results of research analyzing the composition and use of green tea, green tea contains a very high content of vitamin C, so it has a strong antioxidant effect. Using fresh green tea leaves to wash your face helps preserve the source of vitamin C nutrients, increases the ability to fight skin aging, and prolongs your skin’s youth. This is the reason green tea essence is present in many anti-aging creams.
Protect your skin from the sun
The unique use of green tea is that it can fight the harmful effects of UV rays to protect the skin, as green tea contains catechins that can eliminate harmful factors for the skin. Therefore, green tea essence is applied in green tea face wash production.
In addition to the above uses, cleaning your face with green tea also helps you shrink pores! Catechin, an active ingredient in green tea leaves, increases skin elasticity, tightens skin, and tightens pores.
Facial cleansing with natural green tea
To promote the maximum effect of green tea, Japanese women often wash their faces with boiled green tea leaves daily, especially at night.
- Clean a handful of green tea leaves and put them in a pot with water.
- Pour the green tea water into the pot and cover with a tight lid. After about 20 minutes, use this water to wash your face, massage to help clean your skin deeply, and exfoliate the dead cells.
- Use green tea leaf water to wash your face, pat and combine face massage with cleaning the skin, exfoliate.
Experience using green tea to wash your face
Although washing your face with green tea leaves benefits your skin, you should not use this method too often as it can dry your skin. Ideally, it would help if you wash your face with green tea leaves once a day. In addition, do not apply the green tea water if it is too hot, as it could damage the skin barrier, but better use slightly warm.
Green tea water does not have the ability to deep clean. So do not use your DIY green tea water instead of cleansers and makeup removers. It would be best to clean your face with a makeup remover and cleanser before using green tea to wash your face. This step helps your skin absorb the nutrients better.
If you want to reduce melasma and freckles most effectively, in addition to washing your face with green tea leaves, you can apply a mask with green tea leaf powder.
Best Green Tea Face Cleanser on Amazon
Green tea is a popular ingredient in cosmetics and skincare products. Thanks to advanced technology, green tea essence has been included in the production of facial cleansers. Let’s look at the eight most effective green tea face cleansers through the sharing below.
1. Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam
Innisfree is the name of a cosmetic brand from Korea. This brand is currently quite hot worldwide. Most of Innisfree’s products have been tested and certified by ECOCERT, a French organization.
Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam is one of the best-selling products on Amazon. This Korean green tea cleanser contains 88% natural organic green tea extract. The main effects are reducing sebum, cleaning the skin from the inside, and fighting inflammation thanks to the antioxidants EGCG, Catechin, and Linoleic Acid. Besides, the Innisfree Green Tea cleanser is pleasant and suitable for people with acne-prone skin.
2. St. Ives Clarifying Facial Cleanser
According to the brand, STIVES Green Tea Scrub can be used for acne-prone skin. In addition, this green tea cleanser was highly appreciated in the problem of blackheads.
The cleanser is suitable for many skin types, typically acne, and oily skin, because green tea extract has anti-inflammatory and effective oil-reducing effects. In addition to green tea essence, ST. IVES Green Tea Scrub also contains salicylic acid and Silica to exfoliate deep inside naturally.
Stives Green Tea Face Wash has a pleasant, mildly aromatic green tea scent. The price of this product is quite soft; a 170ml tube is only 7$/tube. Those who need improving blackheads should not be ignored ST.IVES Green Tea Scrub.
3. Kale + Green Tea Superfood Face Cleanser
Superfood Cleanser is famous for its ingredients extracted from fresh green foods rich in fiber and especially rich in anti-aging substances, helping to keep the skin young, hence the name Youth to the People.
The ingredients contain a lot of useful plants for the skin. It sounds like a salad, but it is full of nutrients to help the skin fight aging for a long time.
- Celery contains most of our skin’s nutrients: vitamins A, C, E, and K.
- Green tea is an anti-aging panacea that will help skin stay young by fighting against aging problems. Green tea also helps clean pores and astringent skin areas that are allergic or swollen due to acne and stimulate collagen formation to help whiten skin naturally.
- Spinach helps the skin fight environmental aggressors such as smog, sun, and stress and can help regulate oil production in the skin.
- Vitamin B5 not only helps control excess oil and prevent acne, but this ingredient also works to help heal scars quickly, reduce redness and irritation, and reduce dark spots exceptionally effectively.
- Vitamin C helps brighten skin, fade dark spots, and effectively fight aging.
- Vitamin E helps soften and smooth the skin, providing the necessary moisture to avoid drying out the skin.
The product also contains “superfood” ingredients such as kale, green tea, and spinach to wash away dirt deep into the pores. The product’s texture is very smooth and gentle for the skin, so even those with sensitive and acne-prone skin can still use it!