Our skin always needs care and protection, especially lips. The exfoliation is a very important daily lips care routine to keep the lips smooth and plump. So, how often should you exfoliate your lips a week and what method should be applied to ensure safety? This article will help you understand more about this problem.
Why must we exfoliate our lips?
Exfoliating will help clean up the lip area, removing dead cells.
Just like skin all over the body, lips also need to be exfoliated regularly because according to natural rules, every day the dead cells on the lips will peel off and make place for new cells to form. Exfoliating will help clean the lips, remove excess cells, increase the process of forming new cells, and help the lips to avoid dryness, cracking. Persistently apply the exfoliating routine, your lips will be nourished smooth and plump.
How often should you exfoliate your lips?
We should exfoliate our lips once a week in the summer and increase from 1-2 times a week in the winter.
How often I should exfoliate my lips could be the wonder of every girl. Exfoliating lips is a very important thing to do, but you need to follow the proper procedure to avoid overdoing the exfoliating lips because if you exfoliate too much, it will make the lips thin and new cells can’t keep up. According to experts, you should exfoliate once a week in the summer and increase from 1-2 times a week in the winter. And should apply exfoliation by natural methods, avoid using exfoliating cosmetics that contain unknown ingredients, which can cause skin damage.
Benefits of exfoliating for the lips
- Exfoliating makes lips smooth, bright: The regular exfoliating helps you to have a rosy, full, vibrant lips.
- Reduce dark, dull lips: Exfoliating helps to remove harmful substances, releasing lead to the lips. Thereby reducing the condition of dark lips, lips dull.
- Helps the lips avoid damage from the environment: If you regularly exfoliate your lips, you will not worry about the negative environmental effects such as dust, heat.
- Moisturize the lips: Exfoliating also helps to condition the lips. Helping your lips avoid cracking, dryness, or bleeding.
- Helping the lipstick color even and more beautiful, the adhesion of lipstick also increased significantly: When dead skin cells are no longer on the lips. At this time, the cosmetic on the lips will stay longer. Lipstick, lip balm, matte lipstick will last longer.
Some ways to exfoliate the lips with no money
Answering the question of how often should you exfoliate your lips could be important but do not forget to find the suitable method for your skin types as well as to avoid allergies. There are many ways to exfoliate the lips, you can use cosmetics such as exfoliating lipstick, exfoliating gel, … to exfoliate the lips. Or you can also exfoliate your lips by natural methods. Both cost saving and safety for the following lips:
1. Exfoliate lips with Baking Soda and Honey
Baking soda is an ingredient quite organic and easy to find. The baking soda ingredient removes the pigmentation on the lips. Help to eliminate the dark, dry area on lips. Honey is known to be a multipurpose ingredient that has natural antiseptic properties. It helps to clean dead cells or impurities on the lips. When combined with honey and baking soda your lips will be provided with many nutrients to help lips smooth, reduce darkening and peel the dead cells.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Step 1: Put honey and baking soda in a clean bowl and mix well into a smooth mixture
- Step 2: Next, gently apply the mixture to lips and relax for 5 minutes
- Step 3: Then, gently massage the hands to help the nutrients penetrate deep into the skin
- Step 4: Finally, wash your lips with warm water
- Perform 1-2 times / week for optimal protection
2. Exfoliate the lips with olive oil and sugar
Olive oil contains many antioxidants and lipids to help keep the lips soft, ruddy and fresh. Sugar helps clean up dead cells on the lips. This is the perfect combination for your lips to be soft, smooth and completely remove dead cells.
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Firstly, mix the sugar and olive oil together
- Then, gently apply to lips for 3-5 minutes
- Finally, rinse with warm water, gently wipe lips, and use lip balm to keep lips moisturized and smooth.
Perform 1-2 times / week for optimal protection
3. Exfoliate your lips with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is high in fat and vitamins, antioxidants that help eliminate dead cells on the lips, in addition coconut oil also nourishes the lips always full of gloss, full of charm.
To do this, you need to prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and then rub it on the lips. At the same time, combine massage for lips for a few minutes. Finally rinse with moist water. Doing it every week from 2-3 times to keep lips soft pinky.
So, how often should you exfoliate your lips based on the environment, season and skin types. Polluted environments, oily skin types or in summer will be more suitable for lip exfoliation oftenly than winter. Besides the natural methods above, you can also use lip exfoliating products. It is more convenient for those who are always busy as you will not have to prepare ingredients.
See more: Top 10 best exfoliating products for lips
Exfoliating the lips is a very necessary and important step. However, you should apply 1-2 times per week and increase the number of times when it gets cold. Do not exfoliate too much as it could cause the skin to be worn and weakened. Hopefully, the above share will help you have effective lip care methods, and help maintain the freshness, charm of the lips. Wishing you always beautiful with your smooth, fresh lips.