Beeswax is a popular beauty ingredient and is used by many women around the world. One of the other beauty miracle uses from beeswax is to make a simple yet effective lip balm. Not only is an indispensable item in every girl’s pocket, but lip balm can also help to protect your lips from environmental and lifestyle factors that make lips darker like sunlight, weather or cosmetic abuse. In this article, we will show you how to make beeswax lip balm at home.
How to make lip balm with beeswax at home?
- Half a piece of beeswax
- 1 teaspoon of honey or can be replaced with almond oil.
- 2 tablespoons of essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of vitamin E oil
- Tools such as microwave oven, glass jar, clean box …
Where to buy beeswax for lip balm?
You can easily find beeswax for lip balm online or at the supermarket or grocery store.
- Step 1: Break half a piece of beeswax into the boiler, stir when it melted totally. If there is no boiler, you can use the microwave, after only 20 seconds a piece of beeswax will dissolve.
- Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the melted beeswax solution and let it cool, then add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E and essential oils, stir them well.
- Step 3: Usually the mixture will be thick, but if it’s a bit liquid, add a little beeswax to make it thicker. Wait for the mixture above to cool down, then pour into each small bottle with a lid, prepared beforehand and then refrigerate. Normally, you should only use it for about 3 months/
With homemade lip balm from beeswax, you should apply daily to keep lips from getting chapped and shiny.
How to make lip balm with beeswax and coconut oil?
The perfect combination of natural Beeswax and coconut oil creates a completely natural lip balm that keeps your lips moisturized, anti-chapped, provides vitamins and antibacterial. Let’s check how to make beeswax lip balm right below:
- 1. First, you use a knife to cut the beeswax into small pieces, put in a bowl, and then put in a steamer with water available and heat to melt the wax.
- 2. Then you add coconut oil and stir well during the steaming process.
- 3. After the beeswax and coconut oil has been hotted and melted into a mixture, turn off the heat. You can now use natural flavors like fruit, vanilla, or chocolate to add a nutty aroma.
- 4. Finally, pour all the mixture into the bottle of the lip balm.
Wait a few minutes until the mixture is completely dry. So, you have an extremely attractive lip balm completely from nature with beeswax and virgin coconut oil.
- Before doing this, you should clean and dry the lipstick bottle.
- The bottle of moisturizer can be melted if used during the hot season. You should then put the lip balm in the refrigerator to harden it and continue using it.
- In hotter summer, you can add the beeswax ratio to the lipstick box to reduce flow. You can change the hardness of the chew box by adding virgin coconut oil or beeswax.
- You can use the microwave without a cooking pot, put the mixture in the oven to melt at the smallest step and shake well every 20 seconds until the wax is melted.
What is beeswax and its benefits?
Beeswax is taken from the bee’s hive, the use of beeswax is used to help reduce cholesterol in the blood and relieve pain. In addition, beeswax is also used for anti-inflammatory and anti-ulcer purposes such as in stomach ulcers, diarrhea … Some benefits and usages of beeswax including:
- A natural antifungal and antibiotic.
- Capable of regulating the immune system: suppressing and stimulating the immune system.
- Effectively treating skin burns, helping to soften and moisturize the skin.
- In pharmaceuticals it is also used as an adjuvant.
- Acropolis is industrially used as an effective emulsifier or as a flavoring agent.
- Propolis uses skin to heal and prevent chapped skin.
- Provides moisture, nourishes cells and protects the skin from damage from environmental factors.
- Propolis is also a natural moisturizer with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergic and anti-bacterial properties.
- An excellent emollient and support for moisturizers, beeswax protects the skin in a non-absorbent form, helps to prolong the shelf life of emulsions and gels, while increasing the performance of detergents.
- Is hypoallergenic, has sunscreen properties with waterproof properties, combines well with many ingredients, has elasticity and lasts longer on the surface of the skin or lips.
What is the beeswax ingredient?
According to many studies, the composition of beeswax is relatively complex, including:
- Fatty acids and esters. At a temperature of 15 ° C, the wax has a density of 0.95 – 0.87 g / cm3; melting point is 62 – 65 ° C and in solid, yellow to dark brown color.
- Caffeic acid phenethyl ester (CAPE) and bioflavonoids. There are 20-30 different types of flavonoids, the most important of which are chrysin, pinocembrin and galangin.
- Monosaccharides, cellulose, amino acids, vitamins such as B1, B2, pro-vitamins A, E and D, nicotinic acid, folic acid, minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, and manganese. The substances identified in beeswax are the same as those found in food and food additives and are recognized as safe nutrients.
- Rich in Vitamin A: 100 grams of beeswax contains 4096 international units, while a 100 gram serving of beef contains only 60 units.
The effects of beeswax:
Beeswax has many effects, is very diverse and rich, can be used in many fields, medicine, medicine, work, … It helps reduce cholesterol and relieves pain in medicine, effectively treats burns, softens and moisturizes the skin. Beeswax is used in making lipstick, lotion… Currently, beeswax is used a lot to make scented soaps, hair removal creams, scented candles,…
Lip balm from beeswax is a natural, safe and effective lipstick that helps you to have natural, healthy, plump lips. Hopefully, the instructions on how to make beeswax lip balm at home above could help you make your own jar of quality lip balm that is both cost-effective while still helping her beautiful lips soft and smooth.