For those struggling on the journey to treat acne, you should try The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 + Zinc 1 serum of The Ordinary. This acne treatment serum from The Ordinary helped many people confidently regain their healthy and glowing skin. This article will give a detailed information of The Ordinary Niacinamide review.
Overview about The Orrdinary
The Ordinary is a famous cosmetic brand under the DECIEM group in Canada, established in 2013. Although it has only been present in the cosmetic market for six years, this brand resonates worldwide quickly thanks to its focus on product quality and packaging.
Moreover, The Ordinary is committed to its products not containing any ingredients that are harmful to the skin and have not been tested on animals. At the same time, this product is also thoroughly tested in the laboratory before being put on the market, so it is completely safe for the skin.
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Review
1. Packaging, design
The product has minimal packaging designed as translucent glass bottles; you can see the serums inside. The cap is in the form of a dropper, which is convenient to store and easy to use.
2. The Ordinary Niacinamide Ingredients
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) helps to minimize brown spots, freckles, and dark spots, reduce acne redness, antioxidant, anti-aging, and brighten skin.
- Zinc (zinc): Helps fight inflammation, regenerate skin, reduce oil secretion, and prevent acne.
- Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum (extracted from my tree), Pentylene Glycol: Has moisturizing and smoothing effects. Some researchers also say that this ingredient also works to protect the skin from UV rays.
- Texture: Viscous.
- Ethoxydiglycol, Acacia Senegal gum: Able to control the amount of oil and sebum on the skin.
- Fragrance: Fragrance ingredient for the product (flavoring).
- Other ingredients include water, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth – 20, Aqua, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, PEG -40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, …
- pH: 5.5 – 6.5. Suitable for all skin types.
- Soothes the skin, soothes swollen acne spots, inflammatory acne and prevents acne.
- Regulates excess oil and sebum.
- Anti-aging, anti-oxidant for the skin.
- Brighten skin, help skin even color.
- Stimulates collagen production to help smooth skin, reduce wrinkles of areas on the skin.
- Overcome most skin defects such as freckles, brown spots, dark acne.
- All skin types can be used.
- Suitable daily use.
4. How to use
You can use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum twice daily in the morning and evening skincare routine. This serum should be used after your skincare routine cleaning and toner steps.
The basic skincare routine with The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 serum:
- 1: Dropper 2-3 serums into your hand’s palm or use a cotton pad to dot 5 points on the face, your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin.
- 2: Apply the serum all over the face. Pay attention to pat gently so the serum can better absorb the skin.
- 3: Continue other skincare steps.
- Do not use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% with vitamin C products because the two products will not work when combined.
- Do not use products containing AHA / BHA during use because the skin will be tight, itchy, and uncomfortable.
- This product is only effective in treating mild to moderate acne. For serious acne treatment, you should use Benzoyl Peroxide or Retinoic Acid. However, you should not use this serum with Salicylic Acid.
Please consult a doctor before using any ingredients or products on your face, especially when you have acne problems.
5. Pros and cons of the serum The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- Affordable price: from 9.8$ for a 30ml to 17.60$ for a 60ml.
- Free of mineral oil, alcohol, parabens, and other harmful substances.
- Reduces dark spots and helps the skin become brighter and even tone.
- Reduce acne swelling and reduce the amount of oil secretion and greasy.
- It has an anti-aging effect and prevents wrinkles.
- It does not cause stinging, so it is suitable for even sensitive skin.
- The strong chemical scent can cause discomfort.
- For first-time use, you can feel your skin has been a bit dry after using this serum.
- The effect of anti-aging and reducing wrinkles has not been clear. It took a long time to see the effect.
The Ordinary Niacinamide Before and After
We hope this article gives you more information about The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% review. Because these products contain special ingredients that can cause side effects on the skin, consult your doctor to understand your skin condition before using any of the products mentioned in the article!