DIY lipsticks are safe for your lips and easy to make at home with any ingredients you find in the kitchen. You can choose natural ingredients that own the color or the smell you love. If you are looking for how to make lipstick at home, here are some simple DIY lipstick recipes you should try.
Simple homemade lipstick recipes
DIY lipstick recipe from beetroot
- 2 fresh beets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons beeswax
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E
How to do:
- Step 1: Mix 2 fresh beetroot juice with 2 cups of water in a pot and simmer until you collect a greased mixture.
- Step 2: Add olive oil and beeswax, continue to simmer and stir them well.
- Step 3: Wait for the mixture to thicken, add vitamin E and mix well.
- Step 4: Put in a jar and let it cool; the mixture will dry like lipstick.
DIY natural lipstick with raspberries
- 1 red raspberry and 2 black raspberries
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 – 5 ripe pomegranate cloves
How to do:
- Step 1: Crush 3 raspberries.
- Step 2: Separate the pomegranate seeds and crush them. Then mix raspberries and pomegranate.
- Step 3: Add olive oil to the raspberry and pomegranate mixture and stir them well.
- Step 4: Strain out the water, put it into the lipstick jar..
DIY matte lipstick at home with coconut oil and tomato
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 5 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut oil butter
How to do:
- Step 1: Heat the butter and coconut oil until melted.
- Step 2: Add the tomato juice to the mixture and stir well.
- Step 3: Put it in the jar when the mixture cools down.
Handmade lipstick from carrots
- 1 carrot
- Shea butter, coconut oil, vaseline
How to do:
- Step 1: Cut carrots into small pieces, dried and ground them into powder.
- Step 2: Boil the mixture of shea butter, coconut oil, and vaseline until melted.
- Step 3: Add carrot powder to the mixture and stir well.
- Step 4: Put the mixture in a lipstick jar/tube, wait for it to cool, and freeze to use.
DIY red lipstick from strawberries
Strawberries can give you red lips if you know how to use them in making a DIY natural lipstick. The steps to make red lipstick from strawberries are as follows:
- Step 1: Pour the prepared red strawberry juice into a bowl. You can use dried strawberries, mash them, or fresh strawberries to crush and filter the liquid. The result should be enough strawberry juice to make the lipstick.
- Step 2: Melt a teaspoon of Organic White Beeswax Pastilles (same method mentioned above). Then, pour the beeswax into the cup of strawberry juice.
- Step 3: Add half a teaspoon of coconut oil and half a teaspoon of sweet almond oil to the above mixture. Stir well to combine the mixture. Since strawberries already have a distinctive aroma, you may not need to add essential oils or flavorings.
- Step 4: Pour the mixture into a lipstick jar/tube, and put it in the refrigerator. Let the mixture solidify into a waxy form so you can easily apply it to your lips.
Homemade lipstick with crayons
It may sound a bit crazy to make homemade lipstick with crayons. But the truth you should know is that crayons (like the Crayola brand) consist of 2 essential non-toxic ingredients: dyes and paraffin (paraffin wax), even the sticker is made from a mixture of cornstarch and water, so it is safe for children. Therefore, when taking advantage of this resource to make lipstick at home, you can rest assured.
- 1 to 3 crayons.
- Melt the crayons; you can use a candle or microwave.
- Metal spoon
- The lipstick tube/jar
- Coconut oil.
- Stirring devices.
How to make a homemade lipstick with crayons:
- Step 1: Choose your favorite wax color, and match your lip skin tones. Remove the label part of the crayons.
- Step 2: Break the crayon in half or 3 parts to help it melt faster.
- Step 3: Put the wax in a large spoon and heat it under the candle (or microwave)
- Step 4: Pour the melted wax into a small bowl and continue to heat the remaining crayons.
- Step 5: Let the crayons’ liquid cool; add the prepared coconut oil to your SIY lipstick mixture.
- Step 6: Finally, pour the mixture into an empty lipstick tube or jar.
- Step 7: You can put it in the fridge to speed up the freezing process and start using your color lipstick.