If you want to try AHA or BHA but worry about the irritation, then COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner is an excellent choice for you. The COSRX toner containing AHA/BHA at a concentration of only 0.1% is highly gentle for those who have never used AHA/BHA before. See more reviews about this AHA/BHA toner in the article below.
- About the COSRX
- Packaging, design of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Ingredients of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Uses of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- How to use COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Personal opinion about COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Pros and cons of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Product summary
About the COSRX
COSRX is a cosmetic brand from Korea established in 2013. Although it has only appeared in the cosmetics industry for seven years, it has many Korean and global cosmetic consumers. Cosrx products are always aimed at safety and effectiveness for users by using natural ingredients, which do not negatively affect the skin. The brand is known for its products for acne-prone as well as sensitive skin.
Packaging, design of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner has a luxurious and convenient design. The bottle is made from high-quality transparent plastic with a convenient shape that can hold and limit sunlight’s influence. The toner bottle is designed in a nozzle and has a transparent cover. The paper packaging with detailed information includes the brand name, product name, main ingredient, concentration. The packaging design has two main colors; white and light purple look very eye-catching.
Ingredients of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Salix Alba Bark water (Willow bark juice): is often extracted from many different types of willow such as white willow, black willow, yin willow, European willow, etc. Used a lot in beauty products due to its ability to clean pores, gently exfoliate due to the presence of Salicylic Acid. This extract also contains tannins and gallotanins that have antioxidant, soothing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritation roles.
- Pyrus Malus Fruit Water (Apple juice): Contains natural AHAs to help moisturize the skin, anti-aging, and gently cleanse the skin.
- Betaine Salicylate (BHA): This is considered a BHA that can clear the skin and treat acne that is mild, benign, and less irritating than Salicylic Acid. With a low concentration, Betaine Salicylate has the ability to clean the skin and support acne treatment, support to reduce excess oil secretion but not be able to exfoliate.
- Glycolic Acid (AHA): is the most common acid among AHAs. It has the ability to clean pores, limit clogging, balance oil and water, increase collagen and moisturize the skin.
- Allantoin, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol: moisturizes the skin, support the repair of skin damage, soothes the skin, and reduces irritation.
Uses of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- It is a mild acid-rich toner that helps to clean the skin, removing excess residue that facial cleansers cannot remove.
- Softens skin, reduces flaking, roughness.
- It helps prevent the formation of blackheads and whiteheads due to its ability to penetrate deeply, clean pores, and reduce excess oil secretion.
How to use COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Remove makeup or sunscreen with makeup remover or oil.
- Clean face with face wash.
- Use COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner: Spray directly onto face or use cotton pad to absorb toner, then apply evenly over face and neck.
- Continue using other products in your skincare routine (if applicable).
Note: the product only contains Betaine Salicylate and Glycolic Acid 0.1%. So it can be used daily and can be used with all skin types.
Personal opinion about COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
My first impression when holding this baby is that the design is highly pleasing to the eye, firmly held in hand, and the spray nozzle is convenient. Her texture is liquid, a little thicker than water but not as thick as a serum; the white substance is clear and slightly sour when taken out. I’m not sensitive to this scent, so I think it’s pretty good, but if you don’t like it, don’t worry; it almost leaves no smell after applying it on the skin for a few minutes.
I use it every day in the evening after cleansing with a cleanser; the texture is relatively light; after applying, it does not feel sticky or heavy, almost like that type of water, so it penetrates pretty well quickly on the skin.
The most obvious and fastest results when using this toner are the feeling that the skin is cleansed, the pores are unclogged, the facial skin feels smoother. After using for about one month, the condition of blackheads on both sides of the nose is reduced, pores also seem to be tight.
The most important thing is that it contains low concentrations of AHA and BHA, so it hardly pushes acne or fear of irritation like using other AHA or BHA exfoliating products. If you have never used these two ingredients products, you can still feel secure when using COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner.
Pros and cons of COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Effective skin cleansing.
- Helps reduce the formation of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Moisturize the skin.
- Simple ingredients, safe, free of fragrances and alcohol, so it is safe for all skin.
- The acid concentration is low, so it is unlikely to cause irritation.
- Beautiful and convenient packaging design.
- Inability to replace exfoliating essence due to low acid concentration.
- Inability to improve pores and brighten skin.
- Usage: Cleanse skin
- Texture: Liquid
- Capacity/Weight: 100ml
- Skin type: All skin types
- Country: Korea
- Packing: Bottle.