The hot summer weather always makes your skin become dry, dull, and sagging. Take the initiative to protect and take care of your skin in the summer. Facial masks in the summer days below will help you have healthy, smooth skin between hot summer days. The nourishing mask provides nutrients and calms the skin on summer days. Depending on the type of ingredients used, you can use these DIY facial masks methods 1 or 2 times a week. Natural ingredients that do not contain chemicals treatments will give the skin completely clean and glowing.
Best DIY Face Masks for Summer
1. Oats and Yogurt Face Mask
Oats and yogurt are the perfect combinations for skin whitening and exfoliation. This is a popular DIY facial mask that is loved by many girls in the summer days. You should choose unsweetened yogurt. For oats, you can choose whole grain and grind yourself to ensure quality.
Method: Use 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, 1/2 jar of unsweetened yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 egg white, appropriate amount of warm water. Mix oatmeal with warm water to make the, mix well so that the mixture does not be apart. Continue to mix the other ingredients.
How to use:
- Clean face with clean water.
- Apply the mask mixture evenly on the face (can be used on other areas of the body).
- Leave for about 15-20 minutes so nutrition can be absorbed into the skin.
- Wash your face with warm water.
Note: The sugar-free yogurt oatmeal masks should be used 1-2 times a week to effectively whiten and smooth, clear acne with the skin.
2. Green Tea powder and Yogurt Face Mask
This is a very popular type of mask for all skin types in the summer days. Green tea powder brings many benefits to the skin such as brightening, anti-aging skin, helps skin stay young, fade pigmentation, freckles, dark spots caused by acne. This facial mask also tightens pores, prevents blackheads, acne,…
Method: Put 5g of green tea powder in a cup, put 1 jar of yogurt in it and use a spoon to mix the mixture well. Squeeze half a lemon into the mixture to get a soft liquid.
How to use: After having a mixture of green tea, yogurt and lemon, apply evenly on the face for about 15 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water. It is recommended to apply the face 2 to 3 times a week to bring a natural glow to the skin.
3. Potatoes and Fresh Milk
More than just one of the ingredients in delicious summer treats. Potatoes are also an indispensable ingredient for a mask to freeze your skin in summer. Potatoes have mild bleaching properties while fresh milk helps smooth and brightening skin. Use this DIY facial mask at home regular will help to reduce dark spots and glowing your skin.
Method: Peel, wash the potatoes, put them in a steamed rice cooker or put them in soft boiled water. Put the potatoes in a blender and puree them with fresh milk until you have a soft liquid mixture.
How to use: Wash your face and massage gently with warm water to clean the skin, open the pores, and help the skin absorb nutrients easily. Apply the potato-yogurt mixture evenly on the face and neck, relax for about 15-20 minutes. Then clean with warm water and let the skin dry naturally.
Besides using DIY face masks for summer, you should also pay attention to your diet and activities to have beautiful skin from the inside. Here are some tips that you should apply:
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water/day and exercise regularly.
- Wash your face twice a day along with using skin care products with natural extracts and suitable for your skin type.
- Try to cut down or completely quit smoking as it is bad for your skin. Coffee and alcohol should also be blacklisted if you do not want to have dull skin.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables because they contain many vitamins and fiber, which help fight aging for the skin.
- Always wear sunscreen with a high SPF to protect against harmful UV rays.
- Get enough sleep (7-8 hours/day).
- Exfoliate once a week help to unclog pores and remove dirt, oil, and pollution.