Hot summer weather makes your skin easy to dry, dull and sagging. Take the initiative to protect and care for your skin in the summer. Facial masks on the summer days below will help you have healthy, smooth skin between summer days, and a nourishing mask can provide nutrients and calms the skin. You can make diy face masks for summer and use it 1 or 2 times a week to nurture and balance your skin.
Best DIY face masks for summer
1. Oats and Yogurt Face Mask
Oat and yogurt are the perfect ingredients to make a facial mask for skin whitening and exfoliation. Many people choose this popular DIY facial mask for summer days. You should choose unsweetened yogurt and whole oat and grind yourself to ensure quality.
- Use one tablespoon of oatmeal, 1/2 jar of unsweetened yogurt, one teaspoon of honey, 1/2 egg white, and a little warm water.
- Mix oatmeal with warm water to make them, and mix well, so the mixture does not break apart.
- Continue to mix the other ingredients.
How to use:
- Wash your face
- Apply the mask mixture evenly to the face and your body.
- Leave for about 15-20 minutes to the nutrition can be absorbed into the skin.
- Wash your face with warm water.
Note: You should use the sugar-free yogurt oatmeal mask 1-2 times a week to whiten and moisturize your skin effectively.
2. Green Tea powder and Yogurt Face Mask
Green Tea powder and yogurt are popular ingredients to make a DIY facial mask for all skin types on summer days. Green tea powder brings many benefits to the skin, such as brightening, anti-aging skin, helping skin stay young, fading pigmentation, freckles, and dark spots caused by acne. This facial mask also tightens pores and prevents blackheads, acne, etc.
Prepare: Put 5g of green tea powder in a cup, put a jar of yogurt, and mix the mixture well. Squeeze half a lemon into the mixture to get a soft liquid.
How to use:
- After mixing green tea, yogurt and lemon, apply evenly on the face for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash your face with warm water.
- It is recommended to apply the face 2 to 3 times a week to bring a natural glow to the skin.
3. Potatoes and Fresh Milk
More than just one of the ingredients in delicious summer treats. Potatoes are also indispensable as a mask to freeze your skin in summer. Potatoes have mild bleaching properties, while fresh milk helps smooth and brighten skin. Using this DIY facial mask at home regularly will help reduce dark spots and glowing skin.
Prepare: Peel, wash the potatoes, put them in a steamed rice cooker, or put them in soft boiled water. Put the potatoes in a blender and puree them with fresh milk until you have a soft liquid mixture.
How to use: Wash your face and massage gently with warm water to clean the skin, open the pores, and help the skin absorb nutrients easily. Apply the potato-yogurt mixture evenly on the face and neck, and relax for about 15-20 minutes. Then clean with warm water and let the skin dry naturally.
Besides using DIY face masks for summer, you should also pay attention to your diet and activities to have beautiful skin from the inside. Here are some tips that you should apply:
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water/day and exercise regularly.
- Wash your face twice a day using skin care products with natural extracts suitable for your skin type.
- Try to cut down or completely quit smoking as it is bad for your skin. Do not overuse coffee and alcohol if you do not want to have dull skin.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables because they contain many vitamins and fiber, which help fight aging in the skin.
- Always wear sunscreen with a high SPF to protect against harmful UV rays.
- Get enough sleep (7-8 hours/day).
- Exfoliating once a week helps to unclog pores and remove dirt, oil, and pollution.