Pixi Glow Tonic Toner helps other skincare products do their job well. So what does it help, and will it make your skin glowing as the rumor? See the Pixi Glow Tonic Review in the article below.
Pixi is a cosmetic brand from London and has been on the market for more than ten years. It has many fans and was used by many people. Pixi is famous for its toner lines, voted by many beauty magazines around the world. Three popular toner products of Pixi company include:
- Pixi Glow Tonic: We will review below
- Pixi by Petra Vitamin-C Tonic: Brightening, anti-aging. Vitamin C Tonic contains fruit extracts rich in vitamins A and C that have special effects in anti-oxidants, promote collagen production and enhance skin luminosity. In addition, probiotics help strengthen the skin barrier.
- Pixi Rose Tonic: Rose extract. It helps firm, minimizes skin irritation, and soothes skin, moisturizes effectively.
Ingredients of Pixi Glow Tonic Toner
- Glycolic Acid (AHA): It is a water-soluble alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) found in fruits such as grapes and oranges. It has the lowest molecular weight of all AHAs, making it easy to penetrate the skin. It speeds up cell turnover, exfoliates the skin’s surface, unclogs pores, fades blemishes, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars, and helps treat hyperpigmentation.
- Aloe Vera Extract: Aloe vera or aloe vera is an old ingredient that has been used since 3500 years ago. It has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, skin-lightening, and healing properties. A few studies have confirmed it as a treatment against psoriasis.
- Witch hazel extract: powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties that scavenge free radicals to reduce damage to skin cells.
- Horse Chestnut Extract: soothes skin.
- Glycerin: moisturizes the skin.
- Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose: Natural sugars help dissolve pathogenic biofilms and balance skin microflora (bacteria and yeast). A biofilm is a thin layer of bacteria that sticks to the skin. Biofilms have been implicated in skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis, excretory dermatitis, etc.
- Ginseng Root Extract: lightens dark spots
Is Pixi Glow Tonic Tonic Good?
- Pixi Glow Tonic is an exfoliating toner containing 5% Glycolic Acid – this excellent ingredient can help slough off dead cells on the top layer of the skin. It helps accelerate the regeneration of new cells for smoother, brighter skin.
- The product helps balance the pH of the skin to help the next skincare steps maximize their benefits.
- Pixi Glow Tonic contains ginseng extract that enhances blood circulation under the skin, making the skin ruddy and plump.
- It helps soothe and moisturize for soft, smooth skin, tightening pores.
In particular, the product is entirely alcohol-free, suitable for all skin types.
Experience Pixi Glow Tonic Rose Water
The texture is like liquid water and has a delightful rose scent.
The small bottle will be pretty wasteful and quickly run out if absorbed into the makeup remover cotton. If you want to save money, take a small amount of the product and then apply it to your face with your hands. You can use another affordable-price toner with a cotton pad after washing your face and then use the Pixi Glow Tonic after then. It only takes 2 minutes to absorb into the skin thoroughly.
You can use this toner three times a week to prevent your skin from getting too dry. Using AHAs could make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so do not forget to use sunscreen during the day to protect your skin.
After using Pixi Glow Tonic, you can see your skin brighter, and the patchy red spots disappear. One noticeable thing is that the pores are much smaller, especially the cheeks near the nose, where the most prominent pores are on the face. Acne is also diminishing, especially on the cheeks, forehead, and jawline.
Pixi Glow Tonic Toner Review
- Ingredients: 5/5
Pixi’s Glow Tonic owns an impressive and soothing ingredient list that includes aloe vera, witch hazel, 5% glycolic acid, glycerin, fructose, glucose, sucrose, and urea.
- Usage : 5/5
Gently exfoliates, soothes, brightens skin tone, reduces pigmentation, and moisturizes the skin.
- Texture : 5/5
It feels like water, absorbs quickly, and smells like roses.
- Packaging: 5/5
The light orange-pink bottle is attractive and luxurious.
- Overall: 4.8 / 5 (will buy again)
- There are noticeable effects on the skin after a period of use.
- 5% AHA should be pretty gentle for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- The citrus scent brings a pleasant feeling when used.
- Solid plastic bottle design, easy to carry on the go
- There are many sizes (15ml, 10ml, 250ml) that can have more different choices.
- The price is a little bit high (about 22$ for 100ml on Amazon).
- May cause a stinging sensation for the first few uses.
- Because everyone’s skin is different, the effect can be fast or slow depending on user.
- Using toners or other chemical exfoliants containing AHAs will make the skin more sensitive to the sun, so applying sunscreen is extremely important.
- After using Pixi’s Glow Tonic, you can use other hydrating toners to bring absolute moisture to the skin.
- Do not combine using rose water with cosmetics containing retinol. You can use it every other day to avoid skin irritation.
How to use Pixi’s Glow Tonic Rose Water?
- After cleansing the skin, take an appropriate amount of toner on a cotton pad.
- Gently wipe all over the face and neck.
- Gently pat for better absorption of nutrients.
If you want to save money, you can do as we suggested above: pour the toner into your hands, then apply the product on your face and pat your face with your hands.