The more you love your skin, the more you much understand your skin. And moisturizer is indispensable in every skincare routine. Firstly, know how to choose a good and suitable moisturizer to take care of your skin can affect all the skincare results. However, there are many wonderful moisturizing products out there, and choosing the perfect one that fits your type of skin is not easy. So today BeauUp.com will help you discover the difference between types of moisturizers as well as reveal the top 18 best moisturizers that you should try in your life.
- What is the difference between gel, creams, and moisturizing lotions?
- Top 18 best moisturizers you should try in 2021
- 1. Eucerin Lipo-Balance with Biotin and Ceramide-3 Balance
- 2. La Roche-Posay Hydreane Riche Moisturizer
- 3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
- 4. Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream Moist
- 5. Cetaphil PRO Dermacontrol Oil Absorbing Moisturizer SPF 30
- 6. Bioderma Hydrabio Crème moisturizer
- 7. Vichy Aqualia Thermal – The best moisturizers for dry skin
- 8. Paula’s Choice Defense Nightly Reconditioning Moisturizer
- 9. Neutrogena Moisturizing Cream
- 10. Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer
- 11. Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
- 12. Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly
- 13. Dove DermaSeries Dry Skin Relief Overnight Face Cream
- 14. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream
- 15. Hada Labo Rohto Goku-Jun New Hyaluronic Cream
- 16. Innisfree No-Sebum Powder Cream
- 17. Innisfree Green Tea Seed Intensive Hydrating Cream
- 18. Muji Moisturising Cream
What is the difference between gel, creams, and moisturizing lotions?
Before finding the best moisturizer, you need to understand the definitions and distinguish the type of moisturizer. Distinguishing the types of skincare products will help you choose the right one, maximize effectiveness and shorten the time and money in the trial process.
Generally, there are 3 most popular types of moisturizers include Gel, Lotion, and Cream. There are also emulsifiers and Ointments. The order of increasing moisture levels for the skin is as follows: Gel – Lotion – Emulsifier – Cream – Ointments. Gel and Lotion help penetrate deeply into the skin, while Cream is usually only on the surface of the skin. Therefore, products that require deep penetration such as serums are often made in the form of lotions or gels. The products specifically treat the skin on the surface, or moisturize the skin surface, mostly in the form of a cream.
1. What is gel moisturizing?
The gel moisturizing is an emulsion in which the water content is high in proportion and contains very little oil, has an alcohol or jelly texture. Moisturizing gels are usually available in tubes or bottles with a spray nozzle. Compared to other moisturizers, gel moisturizing has a fairly thin, light texture with high permeability. As a result, helps the skin to absorb nutrients better. Thanks to this amazing property, gel moisturizers are commonly used for oily skin, acne-prone skin, and sensitive skin. However, there is one thing to be aware of with strong alcohol-based moisturizers that can irritate the skin.
The gel is the lightest form of moisturizer and feels the least sticky. The gel-based moisturizer is the ultimate solution for oily and combination skin because it not leaves too much oil on the surface of the skin, absorbs quickly, and therefore does not clog pores.
2. What is a lotion moisturizer?
The lotion is a mixture of oil and water, that own a light liquid texture. The lotion is usually supplied in a plastic bottle with a spray head. When using, just spray on your hands and gently massage the skin, or spray directly with a thin layer onto the skin.
The main ingredients of lotions are dry powdered substances dissolved in water. The lotion has a slightly hydrating ability for the skin but is much more moisturizing than the gel. When using lotion, the skin does not feel much oily. The lotion is often used in summer or during the day when the skin is sweaty. People with normal or slightly dry skin can use a mild lotion that isn’t too thick.
3. What is a cream moisturizer?
Compared to the two kinds of moisturizers above, cream moisturizer is still the most popular product that loved by most users. A moisturizer is a thick or heavier texture than water because it has 50% water and 50% nutrients. One thing to keep in mind is that the inside of the moisturizer contains preservatives that increase the “longevity” of the cream. But these substances cause skin irritation, so be careful when choosing products especially for allergic skin.
Cream own a thicker texture than Gel and Lotion, has the greatest effect in providing moisture to the skin as well as the most nutrients. The main ingredients of the cream are water and oil insoluble in water. Because it is more nourishing and is a thick cream, the cream feels much more oily and sticky when applied. The cream is very suitable for use at night to bring full effect after a night of bed.
Top 18 best moisturizers you should try in 2021
1. Eucerin Lipo-Balance with Biotin and Ceramide-3 Balance
Eucerin Lipo Balance Moisturizer is for dry, sensitive skin. The product is capable of optimally moisturizing the skin for many hours. This Eucerin moisturizer helps balance moisture on the skin, with main ingredients Biotin and Ceramide-3 to prevent dehydration that appears from under the skin, limit skin peeling rough. With the Ceramides ingredient in the product, this Eucerin moisturizer also has the ability to restore your skin and “regenerate” your skin, significantly reducing the roughness of the skin after just 2 weeks of use.
- Products containing Biotin and Ceramide-3 good to soothe, relax and enhance skin elasticity.
- Increases the ability to restore natural lipids, build a protective barrier to hydro-lipids to help prevent dehydration of the skin.
- Rich in O / W emulsion that makes the cream easy to absorb into the skin, not oily.
- Protect skin from the effects of UVA and UVB.
- Do not irritate the skin.
2. La Roche-Posay Hydreane Riche Moisturizer
La Roche Posay Hydreane Riche is a line of moisturizers that provides instant moisturizing effects to the skin. It strengthens the cohesion between cells, thereby reducing dry skin caused by dehydration. The product has main ingredients from natural mineral water to moisturize the skin, soothe allergic skin, sunburn. In particular, the smooth cream is easily absorbed into the skin, quickly softens, and limits peeling, mold after makeup. La Roche Posay Hydreane Riche is especially suitable for those with dry and sensitive skin.
- Its deeply nourishing formula makes it easy to absorb for dry to very dry skin.
- La Roche-Posay hot mineral water source is rich in minerals that help soothe the skin and prevent oxidation.
- Hydrates quickly, leaving no greasy feeling on the skin.
- Extremely gentle with Hydrolipid, ensuring skin is protected and optimal water retention.
- The light, refreshing cream texture instantly soothes the skin and feels soft, refreshed.
- Paraben-free, acne-free.
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion is one of the hottest moisturizers in the world. The product focuses on improving moisture on the skin with ingredients containing Glycerin, Urea, Sodium Hyaluronate to both moisturize and absorb moisture, making the skin always feeling smooth. The natural extracts in this product are extremely beneficial to the skin, helping to improve the skin’s ability to restore and balance its natural moisture. This moisturize is especially safe for dry and sensitive skin. The minus point of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is the high price. However, this price is really worth the performance that the product brings.
- Increases moisture supply for up to 8 hours.
- The cream is soft and smooth, easily absorbed, enhancing the optimal skin barrier.
- Extract of sunflower seeds, barley, and cucumber increases skin protection, improves the ability to repair damaged skin, and maintains skin moisture.
- Hyaluronic acid acts as a hygroscopic magnet, helping the skin to retain the necessary moisture at all times.
4. Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream Moist
Shiseido Aqualabel Special Gel Cream Moist is a multi-function gel moisturizer that promises could replace your 4 daily skincare steps: toner, lotion, moisturizer, and sleeping mask. This Shiseido moisturizes not only helps revive dry, cracked skin, but also helps to whiten the skin, fade dark spots, and improve wrinkles on the skin. Besides, the honey-containing ingredient could help to provides vitamin E and collagen to effectively moisturize and anti-aging the skin.
- Enhance maximum moisture in the skin with Aqualabel’s new anti-aging Collagen Gel Cream ingredient.
- The 5-in-1 combination product is formulated with concentrated collagen with many skincare benefits at the same time, increasing the optimal efficiency.
- Supported by Aqualabel’s exclusive Aqua Synergy technology grapefruit, the product has the ability to penetrate deeper into the skin layers, providing optimal moisture and nutrients for healthy, smooth skin.
5. Cetaphil PRO Dermacontrol Oil Absorbing Moisturizer SPF 30
Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is both a moisturizer and an effective sunscreen for the skin. The product is very popular among women today. It contains only simple ingredients like glycerin and sebum control agents like Silicia, zinc, and licorice root extract. Thanks to that, this moisturizer has achieved significant effects such as moisturizing, sunscreen, reducing inflammation, and preventing acne.
- 4 in 1 formula with Micropearl and Oleosome technology to help absorb oil, reduce greasy shine, enhance hydration and provide broad-spectrum UVA / UVB resistance.
- Suitable for oily or combination skin.
- Light cream, quick absorption.
- Does not contain ingredients that irritate skin or clog pores, does not cause acne.
6. Bioderma Hydrabio Crème moisturizer
Bioderma Hydrabio Crème is a moisturizing cream with good moisturizing properties containing Aquagenium, Vitamin PP to both hydrate and strengthens the skin’s resistance. Furthermore, the ingredients of this moisturizer from the Bioderma team also contain salicylic acid (BHA) to cleanse pores by exfoliating dead cells on the skin, giving skin a radiant glow.
- Formulated with salicylic acid and glycerin for an instant hydrating effect for soft, comfortable skin.
- Vitamin PP strengthens the skin’s resistance.
- Apple seed extract stimulates the activity of Aquaporin, helping the moisture circulate optimally under the skin.
- In particular, the emulsion has a texture similar to the structure of the skin epidermis, helping the skin to penetrate more deeply and specifically, helping the skin regain its natural hydration capacity, bringing smooth, radiant skin. brilliant.
- Salicylic acid helps to remove dead cells, making the skin grow smoother.
Read more: Review Bioderma Hydrabio Crème for sensitive dry skin
7. Vichy Aqualia Thermal – The best moisturizers for dry skin
Vichy Aqualia Thermal moisturizer is known for its 97% natural ingredients. Some typical faces include Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium PCA, water … The product not only provides intensive moisture but also moisturizes the skin for 48 hours. Therefore, it is very suitable for hot weather days. Vichy Aqualia Thermal has been tested for tolerance to extreme conditions including the effects of weather, stress, and other everyday harmful effects.
- The mineral-rich mineral salt cream formula, naturally derived Hyaluronic Acid, and plant-sugar mannose work to lock in moisture and reduce dehydration.
- Ability to retain moisture for up to 48 hours.
- 97% natural ingredients, extremely safe for the skin.
- The formula contains 15% Vichy volcanic mineral water, rich in nutrients to help strengthen the skin barrier effectively.
8. Paula’s Choice Defense Nightly Reconditioning Moisturizer
Paula’s Choice Defense Nightly Reconditioning Moisturizer not only has a great moisturizing effect but also can be used as an effective lotion. With ingredients containing Olive oil, Glycerin, Peptides, almond oil… this product helps maintain the above moisture while increasing the ability to control oil, enhance skin resistance and protect skin against photos. enjoy the environment. Your skin will be radiant from the first use thanks to the optimal antioxidant compounds that protect skin from the harmful effects of blue light from the phone or computer.
- The moisturizer contains an exclusive blend of anti-pollution with 8 antioxidants derived from superfoods and plants for optimal hydration and effective nourishment at night.
- The ultra-light cream replenishes water and neutralizes the effects of the environment to bring glowing skin.
- Wild cherry extract is rich in vitamin C to help soothe and protect the skin, flaxseed oil provides linoleic acid and the amino acid peptide that soothe the skin, leading to smoother and firmer skin.
9. Neutrogena Moisturizing Cream
Neutrogena moisturizer received many reviews for its moisturizing effect from beauty bloggers. The product is formulated with a liquid texture that gently penetrates the skin. Your skin does not become oily or sticky when using Neutrogena Moisturizer.
- The ingredients table is simple, benign, does not irritate or harm your skin.
- The product works to moisturize the skin in the summer and dry seasons.
- Includes 2 versions for dry and oily skin.
10. Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer
This moisturizer line of Simple contains ingredients containing vitamin B5 and vitamin E combined with Glycerin and Borage seed oil to balance moisture in the skin, keep skin smooth and soothe sunburned skin.
- Lightweight, easy-to-absorb texture with 12-hour moisture retention.
- The main ingredient of pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E helps to smooth and brighten skin every day.
- The product contains no colorants, is safe for sensitive skin, and provides gentle skincare.
11. Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
The Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream comes from Korea. The product can be used for all seasons of the year and is suitable for all skin types. For dry skin, this moisturizer cream from Klairs helps to effectively restore the moisture balance, making the skin more strength and balance. For irritated skin, the Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream will instantly soothe the skin, reduce redness and effectively shrink pores.
The Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream’s concentrated formula gives instant moisture, instant radiance to the skin. Extremely fast permeability is also a big plus for this product. Thanks to that, nutrients can penetrate deep inside the skin and stimulate the regeneration of the protective barrier.
- The formula rich in beta-glucan derived from yeast, jojoba oil and ceramides works to strengthen the skin’s barrier, rescue dry and irritated skin, and improve its natural cell self-healing.
- Instant and long-lasting hydration through specially formulated for sensitive skin.
- Work to soothe the skin, reduce redness and shrink pores.
12. Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly
Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly is a popular moisturizer that almost every girlfriend in the world has heard and use before. The moisturizing effect of the cream has been noted through real-time user reviews. Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly moisturizer is low-cost and versatile when used. However, the product is not suitable for oily skin.
- The texture is thick by it made of Petroleum jelly, so it could not be used for oily or acne skin.
- The product quickly recovers for dry, cracked skin. The rough skin caused by severe dehydration is quickly softened.
13. Dove DermaSeries Dry Skin Relief Overnight Face Cream
Do you have dry skin? Are you always looking for the right dry skin treatment? The Dove Derma Series is just what you need. Whether the skin is naturally dry or only becomes dry seasonally, according to your mood, the Dove Derma Series formula will balance the skin’s moisture at all times. The product is paraben-free and fragrance-free, tested by dermatologists, and is hypoallergenic for sensitive skin. The product can soothe eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin.
Dove DermaSeries Dry Skin Relief SPF15 Face Cream with ingredients containing stearic acid and small glycerin molecules is also a product you can choose for your dry skin. The product keeps the skin hydrated and continuously moisturized. You will feel your skin is moisturized and much smoother and softer. Besides, Dove DermaSeries Dry Skin Relief SPF15 Face Cream also helps protect skin from the effects of UV rays with SPF 15 sunscreen safe for the skin.
- With the combination of stearic acid and glycerin molecules, it helps the skin to absorb quickly.
- Contains a broad spectrum SPF 15 for up to 12 hours of sun protection.
- Reduce dryness, itching immediately.
- Reduced risk of skin cancer and signs of premature aging caused by the sun.
- The product does not cause acne.
- Paraben-free, non-toxic, odorless, suitable for skin with eczema or psoriasis.
14. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream is an intensive moisturizer with oats, Active Naturals®, Ceramide, and other emollients to restore dry, damaged, and dehydrated skin. The product also soothes irritated skin effectively. The natural extracts in Aveeno are the leading technology to keep your skin healthy and balanced. 24-hour protection that effectively moisturizes dry skin has been recommended by dermatologists for over 65 years. Although the price is more affordable than its “brothers”, the products are quite difficult to find, most of them are portable.
- Specially formulated with Triple Oat Complex to help soothe skin quickly.
- Ingredients containing oatmeal, oat oil and ceramide help strengthen skin emollients, deeply moisturize and prevent natural moisture loss.
- Up to 24 hours moisturizing, odorless, steroid-free, and acne-free.
- Suitable for the whole body.
15. Hada Labo Rohto Goku-Jun New Hyaluronic Cream
Hada Labo is a reputable cosmetic brand from Japan. And Hada Labo Advanced Nourish moisturizer is one of the most popular Hada Labo collections for skincare routine. The product helps to deeply moisturize thanks to the Super Hyaluronic Acid-containing ingredient that moisturizes 1000 times more than normal water molecules. You will feel your skin has a positive change after using it.
- Products containing Super Hyaluronic Acid increase the water-holding capacity of the skin 2 times that of HA.
- Replenish the necessary amount of water for the epidermis, overcome dullness and signs of premature aging due to dehydration.
- Moisturizes quickly after use, brings a feeling of refreshing, cool, helps increase skin pigmentation, creates a feeling of unexpected softness.
16. Innisfree No-Sebum Powder Cream
Do you know why you should choose Innisfree No – Sebum Powder Cream? The product contains natural mineral resources from Jeju Island along with mint leaf extract to moisturize the skin, limit dry skin and have to secrete too much oil causing acne. The product quickly penetrates the skin without causing greasiness. At the same time, Jeju green tea extract increases antibacterial, healing bruises, inflammation, scars, and acne.
- Smooth creamy texture enhances hydration combined with Innisfree No Sebum mineral powder.
- The mineral and mint natural ingredients control sebum production effectively.
- Optimal hydration and sebum control in specific areas like the T-zone, perfect for combination skin.
- The cream forms a smooth foundation, improving the durability of the makeup layer.
17. Innisfree Green Tea Seed Intensive Hydrating Cream
Also, if your skin is acne-prone then using Innisfree moisturizer is perfectly reasonable. Green tea extract has antiseptic properties, regulates the amount of sebum, soothes pimples, nourishes new cells to help regenerate new healthy skin.
- Clear, gel-like texture onto skin easily and quickly penetrates. The skin surface shows no signs of greasiness or unpleasant sticky texture.
- With green tea ingredients, Innisfree moisturizer optimally moisturizes the skin. Using the product for your skin, you will get plump, fully hydrated skin, but the surface of the skin is always smooth and cool with no signs of oil spillage or shine.
18. Muji Moisturising Cream
Muji Moisturizing moisturizer is part of the famous and most popular Sensitive Skin skincare range of Muji. The ability to moisturize and protect the skin of Muji Moisturising is highly appreciated. The product will increase the ability to instantly moisturize sensitive skin and lack moisture.
A variety of natural extracts such as olive oil, jojoba oil, grapefruit seed, apricot juice with Vitamin C and E … not only soften the skin but also help the skin become more shiny and smooth. At the same time, these active ingredients also contribute to preventing freckles and brown spots, increasing the ability to whiten the skin.
- The product is sourced from natural cave spring water from Kamaishi, Japan
- Immediately hydrates dry to sensitive skin.
- Provides skin-protecting nutrients such as Portulaca Oleracea, grapefruit seed extract, moisturizing ingredient Lipidure R and Hyaluronic acid.
- Odor-free, colorless, mineral oil-free, Paraben-free, alcohol-free.
- Suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive skin.
- The ingredients of Muji moisturizer have been shown to be safe for the skin. This product is especially suitable for sensitive skin.
We introduced to you how to choose the best moisturizers suitable for many skin types. Moisturizer is one of the indispensable steps in the skincare process. Therefore, do not miss and choose for yourself one best moisturizers of cream suitable to “love” your skin!