For girls who are interested in beauty products or are pregnant, you must have heard of Bio Oil – a nourishing oil introduced with miraculous moisturizing properties and a solution to prevent stretch marks. This famous skincare oil has more than 70,000 sold old on Amazon until 2021. To know exactly what Bio Oil is and what is Bio Oil used for, you should read more in the article below.
- What is Bio Oil?
- What are the ingredients in Bio Oil?
- How does Bio oil work?
- So, what is Bio Oil good for?
- How to use Bio Oil?
- Advantages of Bio Oil products
- Alternative oils for Bio Oil
- Advantages of Bio-Oil essential oil
- Cons of Bio-Oil essential oil
- Where to buy Bio Oil?
What is Bio Oil?
Bio Oil is an essential oil with the main ingredient is Purcellin Oil. It has the ability to penetrate the skin quickly with the effect of blurring scars and improving stretch marks. This product is intended for pregnant and postpartum women. It’s currently commonly used in Australia and many other countries. But we know there are many women still wondering if Bio oil is good or not for them?
Bio-Oil is an essential oil with an exclusive formula invented by the chemist Dieter Beier (Germany). This essential oil is introduced to reduce dry skin, minimize scars, stretch marks, soften and prevent skin aging. Bio Oil will help promote healthy, radiant skin that does not cause allergies or irritation, which can suit all skin types. Up to now, Bio Oil Nourishing Oil has received 223 awards in the field of beauty and become the product to treat scars and stretch marks for many women in countries around the world.
What are the ingredients in Bio Oil?
Basic ingredients of Bio Oil including Lavender oil, Chamomile essential oil, Rosemary essential oil, Marigold essential oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Water, and other excipients.
What is Bio-oil made of?
Bio Oil contains Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and a mixture of rose oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, rosemary oil. These essential oils have a thin, light texture, absorb quickly, do not feel greasy like original oils. In particular, Bio Oil also contains the exclusive oil formula PurCellin Oil, which makes the oil texture not too thick, penetrates quickly into the skin while ensuring dryness and smoothness.
How does Bio oil work?
When using Bio-Oil, instead of applying to the skin like normal oils, you should combine gentle massage movements to absorb the oil and bring better results. Bio-Oil can be used on dry, scarred, stretch marks because they positively affect these skin problems. Even for many pregnant women, it is advisable to use this oil to prevent stretch marks that may appear after giving birth.
How to use bio oil for acne scars?
Bio-Oil is not a “friendly” product with everyone. If you have oily skin or acne-prone skin, do not use Bio-Oil on your face as this can make acne worse. In case you want to treat scars or blemishes, you should only use Bio-Oil cotton swab on the problem areas, not the entire face.
So, what is Bio Oil good for?
Besides reducing dry skin, minimize scars, stretch marks, soften and prevent skin aging, Bio Oil also has the ability to stimulate hair growth, making hair thicker, and longer. You just need to massage a little Bio Oil on the hairline the night before and then wash your hair the next morning. Or you can add a few drops of Bio Oil to the shampoo to increase the moisturizing effect.
In addition, although the manufacturer advertises that Bio Oil can help prevent aging skin, in fact, Bio Oil does not contain active antioxidants, Peptides help increase collagen production or Hyaluronic Acid for moisturizing the skin. Therefore, Bio Oil is just a common essential oil that has the ability to moisturize, prevent dehydrated skin, not anti-aging effect, and limit the formation of wrinkles.
Let’s check what is bio oil good for right below:
- Blurring of scars: This is one of the main uses of this essential oil. After using Bio Oil, the old and new scars will fade day by day. So you can get even and softer skin.
- Slow down the aging process: If you are afraid that the aging process causes your skin to degrade, don’t forget to use Bio Oil essential oil. This product is used to reduce wrinkles, prevent aging agents; at the same time helps skin smoother. Thus, you will always have youthful and vibrant skin.
- Protect skin from harmful agents: Factors like changes in weather, chemicals, or temperature have certain effects on the skin. But thanks to Bio Oil essential oil, your skin will be replenished with natural oils to limit harmful effects.
- Improve stretch marks: During pregnancy or after childbirth, the skin of women often appears stretch marks. If you don’t look for ways to improve, you will feel very self-deprecating. Or when you gain weight too quickly, your skin also has this problem. With Bio Oil, your skin will be carefully cared for. In addition, the stretch marks on the skin also gradually improved markedly. You can use the product for many different areas such as the abdomen, waist, buttocks, thighs, chest, and hips.
- Reduces roughness on the skin: Your skin becomes rough due to many reasons. But the sun and hormonal disturbances are the main factors in this condition. Using Bio Oil will help provide nutrients, including vitamin E to help soften the skin. Accordingly, the rough skin condition also began to improve.
- Support for sunburn treatment: When the skin is exposed to the sun for a long time, especially intense sunlight, it is very susceptible to sunburn. This causes discolored and uneven skin tone. Bio Oil acts as a moisturizer to both smooth skin and helps soothe the burning burns caused by the sun.
How to use Bio Oil?
When using Bio-Oil, you should apply oil 2 times/day and not forget to massage your skin to help it better absorb. It takes at least 3 months for you to see the positive effects that Bio Oil brings. To ensure effective use of Bio Oil essential oil, you need to carefully read the instructions for use. This information is only for illustration purposes.
How to use bio oil for stretch marks?
You should apply Bio-Oil essential oil to the skin in need of improvement 2 times a day and use it for at least 3 months. When applying, simply take about 2–3 drops onto your fingertips or a slightly more amount on the palm of your hand when applying to large areas of skin. Then, gently massage into the skin with a gentle circular motion until the oil seeps into the skin and no greasy feeling is left.
You can start using from the second trimester on areas prone to stretch marks such as abdomen, chest, lower back, hips, buttocks, and thighs for pregnant women. You should note that you can only apply Bio-Oil for new scars when the wound has healed, not using bio oil for an open wound. The effectiveness of the product will vary from person to person.
How to use bio oil on face?
In case you want to treat scars or blemishes, you should only use a cotton swab to dab Bio Oil on the affected area, not the entire face.
Advantages of Bio Oil products
- The product is made from natural ingredients, so it is safe and does not cause irritation to the user.
- Suitable for many different ages, not only pregnant mothers or those who gain weight too fast.
- Bio-Oil is suitable for all different skin types, so you will not need to hesitate when choosing to buy and use it. Products are tested for safety according to the regulations of the European Parliament and the Cosmetic Commission.
- Therefore, in terms of safety, you can be completely assured.
- Produced on the PurCellin Oil formula it is non-greasy and very light. At the same time, permeability is also more effective. Comes with a quite pleasant fragrance.
- This essential oil is packaged in jars and stored inboxes. So you can easily buy and carry it around without worrying about spillage.
Alternative oils for Bio Oil
In case winter has come and you still have not bought a bottle of Bio-Oil, you can temporarily replace it with coconut oil, argan oil, olive oil. Although not as good as Bio-Oil, these oils still have the ability to make the skin soft, smooth, and prevent chapping and flaking.
Advantages of Bio-Oil essential oil
- Use for many ages
- Suitable for skin types
- Pleasant fragrance
- The formula contains the groundbreaking PurCellin Oil that changes the formulation’s consistency, giving it a light and non-greasy feel, ensuring that the essence in vitamins and plant extracts is easily absorbed.
- Has been tested for safety according to the Regulations of the European Parliament and of the Commission on cosmetic products
- Bio-Oil’s packaging is recyclable and all paper materials are certified according to sustainable forest management principles.
Cons of Bio-Oil essential oil
- High price
- Quite greasy, hissing, sticky hands when applied.
Where to buy Bio Oil?
Australia’s Bio-Oil essential oil has been popular in many countries around the world. So you can easily find it on familiar eCommerce stores like Amazon, eBay, and drugstores. The Bio-Oil was sold for $27.97 ($4.17 / Fl Oz) on Amazon here.
Beauup’s content is for informational purposes only. Our website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.