Check out the popular Japanese lip balms cosmetic brands with natural ingredients that moisturize and treat dry and chapped lips.
What You Should Know About Lip Balm
Lip balm can be color or colorless that contains many natural nutrients such as beeswax, carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, and other ingredients. The main effect of a lip balm is to moisturize, soothe the lips, and prevent the harmful effects of UV rays, lipstick, and external agents that damage the lips.
Why do you always need a lip balm?
The lips’ skin is thinner and more sensitive than other body areas. It only has 3 to 5 layers of cells, while the skin has 16 main layers of cells, so the skin of the lips is easily irritated and influenced by the environment such as sun, dirt, or agents such as cigarette smoke, lipstick, etc. Factors from the body also affect the lips. Therefore, besides adding nutrients from the inside, an external lip balm will help your lips be best protected.
Benefits of using lip balm daily
Most lip balms provide vitamin E, naturally making your lips fresh and rosy. It helps you feel more confident and active. In addition, some lip balms also have sun protection for lips. Therefore, lip balm is an indispensable step in lip care.
How to choose a good lip balm?
To choose a good lip balm, remember that you read the ingredients of the lip balm. It would be best not to spend money on a lip balm that contains mineral oil (also known as liquid paraffin, white oil, or liquid petroleum). In addition, some poor-quality lip balms containing lead, paraben, manganese, Retinyl palmitate, aluminum, etc., will harm your health. Instead, you should choose natural-friendly lipsticks extracted from nature and rich in vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin A, aloe, honey, almond oil, beeswax, and olive oil.
It would help if you also used a lip balm that contains SPF. A lip balm with an SPF of at least 15 will keep your lips smooth and protected from harmful effects. If you want to buy a good lip balm, you can try some Japanese lip balm we suggest below.
>> Hottest sunscreen lip balm of all time
Best Japanese Lip Balms without color that you should try
1. DHC Lip Balm
DHC lip balm is a rare lipstick with medicated ingredients, effective in treating dark lips and making lips naturally rosy. Perfect moisturizing ingredients from DHC make lips soft and smooth for a long time, especially not greasy.
- Made in Japan
- Producer: DHC
- Packing: 1.5g ingots
- Purpose of use: Reduce dark lips, moisturize and make your lips rosy.
- Colorless lipstick
- DHC lipstick has been the number 1 product of Cosme magazine for many years. Rated as Japan’s No. 1 lip balm by the Japanese
- No fragrance, no parabens, preservatives or mineral oil ingredients.
- Especially not cause greasy or sticky lips. The lipstick penetrates well into the lips, leaving the lips smooth and comfortable.
2. (Omi Brotherhood) Menturm Medicated Stick Lip Balm
Omi balm has the English name Omi Brotherhood Menturm medicated stick with menthol, a unique mint ingredient, creating a slightly excellent feeling when applied to the lips.
- Producer: Omi
- Packing: 4g stick
- Purpose of use: Soften lips and resolve the chapped lips.
What’s good about OMi lip balm?
- The moisturizing is medium and completely non-greasy when applied.
- Omi Japanese lip balm can be a highly effective makeup primer, helping the lipstick layer become more beautiful and durable. Create a protective layer on the inside of the lips to prevent the darkening of the lips
- Has a pleasant and relaxing mint scent.
- Simple ingredients and no alcohol, parabens, or mineral oils make this lip balm safe for most users.
- Affordable price.
3. SHISEIDO Water in Lip Kusumi Reset
Shiseido lip balm helps prevent dry, chapped lips by providing nutrients for soft lips for hours. When applied to the lips, Shiseido Water in Lip will give you an instant feeling of cool and smoothness, not sticky like other lip balms, and look like your lips are naturally soft and rosy. Colorless, odorless, and rich in moisturizing nutrients to keep lips fresh and smooth for longer, with SPF 18+, PA +. It can be used as a lip primer to protect the lips.
Shiseido Water in Lip Lip Balm includes four scents.
- Shiseido Water In Lip light pink: moisturizing formula with pure light pink color extracted from cherry blossom powder keeps your lips hydrated and pink naturally.
- Water in lip Blue Medicated UV Cut: colorless, odorless, containing SPA water and Hyaluronic Acid to moisturize and nourish lips and resolve the dry, chapped lips, leaving a fresh, supple lip with a cooling feeling.
- White Medicated with mineral water ingredients, the delicate scent of pears and nutrients vitamins have moisturizing effects, prevent chapping, and keep the lips fresh.
4. Nivea Japan Nivea Cream Care Lip Balm Fragrance-Free 7g
This chapped wax is in the top 10 lip balm products on cosme.net and is also Nivea’s best lip balm (in my opinion). In addition to the honey taste, there is a similar but odorless cracked wax.
5. Shiseido MOILIP Chapstick 8g
Shiseido Moilip lip balm is a popular product specializing in preventing chapped lips. A thin layer of Shiseido lip balm will moisturize and soften lips all day, helping your lipstick color last longer.
- Lip balm is supplemented with Vitamin E and Vitamin B6, and other vitamins to help soften lips and treat chapped and dry lips exceptionally effectively.
- It can use as a lip primer before applying lipstick to protect lips.
Top best Japanese-colored lip balms 2021
If you want to find a lip balm that can nourish your lips but remain a rosy and fresh look, try the following products recommended below.
1. DHC Dense Moist Color Lip Cream
DHC Color Lip Cream DHC Color Lip Cream DHC Color Lip Cream has a Japanese color that balances deep moisturizing, softening, and thickening of the lips while covering the lips with a light color lipstick that makes the lips more attractive. DHC lip balm with Japanese color maximizes its strength in providing nutrients for soft and smooth lips, much more than other lip balms, not inferior to its colorless brother DHC lip balm.
- Made in Japan
- Producer: DHC
- Packing: Ingots of 1.5g. Available in 3 colours Red (red), Pinky (pink) and Apricot (orange)
- Intended use: Lip balm. Thicken and tighten lips. There are lipstick colours instead of makeup lipstick.
What’s good about DHC lip balm?
- Lead-free, alcohol-free, paraben-free.
- The moisturizing for the lips is perfect – a tradition of lip balms from DHC. Therefore, the lips are incredibly soft and smooth; the more you use them, the smoother your lips become
- DHC color lip cream does not cause dark lips or dry lips like regular makeup
- Increase the thickness and charm of the lips
2. Rohto Mentholatum Lip Baby Crayon
When the lip crayon trend was hot, Rohto’s launched their new color crayon lip balm too. This lipstick comes in 3 colors: nude pink, baby pink, and red.
3. Nivea Rich Care & Color Lip Glossy 2g SPF20 PA++
The Nivea Rich Care & Color was popular on social media thanks to its quality and cute color with the nurture of lips.
4. CANMAKE STAY-ON BALM ROUGE
This is an option for those looking for a lipstick that can moisturize your lips but still has a lovely light color. This lipstick has 12 tones at an affordable price. Canmake Lip Balm is also the top Japanese lip balm many people choose.