A cystic acne is a form of acne with high inflammation deep in the skin. Cysts are hard, contain pus and cause pain. Because acne diameter is often large and severe inflammation, it is easy to leave acne scars, affecting the appearance and mental health. Besides, acne is also easily spread, so it is necessary to find early treatment solutions. In this article, we will introduce to you the best skincare products for cystic acne and daily routine to have strong skin.
Overview of cystic acne
The mechanism of formation of cystic acne
Cysts acne are caused by excess sebum, along with a large number of dead cells that clog pores then form an inner acne follicle that causes inflammation and redness. The sebaceous environment also increases P.acnes bacteria active deeply into the pores causing acne to swell. People with cystic acne have the highest seborrheic skin condition among acne symptoms.
What causes cystic acne?
- Genetic factors: if someone in your family has cystic acne, then the gene is a factor affecting your acne.
- Hormones change and age change: usually in puberty and pregnant women, there is a change in the hormones of the body. In addition, stress along with insomnia also contributes to the effects of erratic androgen hormones when stressed causing the skin to produce more oil, causing cystic acne or worsening acne situations.
- Abuse of poor-quality cosmetic products that clog pores, corticoid-mixing creams causes inflammation to spread, forming large follicles of acne.
Ways of care and treatment
If you try to squeeze acne, it could cause infection and leave acne scars, making the condition worse. So in the process of caring and treating acne, absolutely should not squeeze acne at home. To reduce the acne trouble and worse feeling, try to:
- Maintain a relaxed spirit while getting enough sleep, moderate activities so as not to put pressure on the body and regulate hormones.
- Clean your skin gently with a cleanser pH 5.5-6, gently wash your face to avoid skin damage.
- Use chemical exfoliating products like BHA to cleanse pores.
- Try products like Benzoyl peroxide to kill acne bacteria.
- Use the retinoids product group (retinol, retinyl aldehyde, tretinoin …) to eliminate horn, reduce inflammation, sebum, and regenerate skin.
In case your acne is severe, you should see your doctor for advice and prescription medication.
Top best skincare products for cystic acne
For girls who own sensitive skin, irritation or eventually have cystic acne, the choice of skincare products will be more difficult. According to Korean skincare expert Charlotte Cho, here are the best skin care products for cystic acne you should consider to try.
1. Exfoliation: Neogen A-Clear Soothing Essence Pad
Neogen’s exfoliating pads will soothe irritated skin while freeing skin from dead cells and damaging impurities. Each pad is made up of 3 layers of cotton to provide a great experience while using salicylic acid and allantoin to make the skin more clean, smooth and bright.
2. Soothing toners: Round Lab Mugwort Calming Toner
The valuable ingredient of mugwort extract toner has an anti-inflammatory and anti-irritation role. Therefore, your sensitivity, even acne-prone skin will be soothed, cooled and over time will become stronger, better protect itself against harmful agents. That’s why this toner was considered as the best Korean skincare for cystic acne in 2019.
3. Mask: Thank You Farmer Back To Relax Soothing Gel Mask
Thank You Farmer’s cool gel mask jar will help to soothe red, irritated, acne-prone skin thanks to ingredients such as Gotu kola extract, figs, licorice, aloe vera … Besides, the mask jar also contains pomegranate extract rich in vitamin C that helps heal and prevent damage, while preventing the risk of aging.
4. Moisture cream: SkinRX MadeCera Cream
This multitasking lotion bottle not only smoothly treats skin irritations but also repairs and strengthens the natural barrier with ingredients such as ceramide or Gotu kola extract. Besides, these two ingredients will work together to moisturize and tighten the skin, while adenosine will be smooth wrinkles, and niacinamide will turn dull skin into a bright, radiant complexion. In a nutshell, this is an extremely good cream jar for rice, especially for fragile, fragile skin.
5. Essential essence: Missha Time Revolution Artemisia Treatment Essence
This essence jar contains 100% of mugwort extract – a plant that is extremely highly anti-irritating, rich in antioxidants. Connect with this essence bottle, you will see irritation, redness resolved as never happened. Besides, chestnut skin is also plumper, the protective film is “upgraded” to make the skin beautiful and healthy, maintaining better moisture.
Besides using the best methods of applying skincare for cystic acne, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, moderation, and a rationale skincare process are the most important conditions for acne not to worsen or return.