Changing the body or overeating fatty food will cause a lot of acne around the lips. This article will give you detailed information about the basic causes of pimples around the lips and how to treat them in a simple but effective way.
Cause of lips acne
Acne is a common condition because of changes in the body. According to the Healthy site, proper care will help women reduce acne and gain healthy skin. According to dermatologists, acne on the skin, especially near the mouth, is caused by bacteria and excess sebum production, leading to clogged pores. This may be due to sweat glands or frequent makeup and makeup removal that makes the skin unventilated.
In addition, the cause of acne around the lips cannot be excluded, such as hormonal changes, weather changes, or overeating oily food.
Therefore, the best way to prevent and reduce acne around the lips is to focus on keeping the skin clean. Beauty experts also recommend applying a layer of sunscreen daily to protect your skin when outdoors. Simultaneously, continuously spray mineral water to moisturize the face skin, especially the lip area, not to be dry.
Combine with drinking at least 1.5 liters of water daily to provide moisture to the skin, especially in the dry season. In addition, permanently remove makeup thoroughly before bed, and limit eating fatty or dairy foods because it will cause acne.
In the case of acne around the lips, some advice for women should apply benzoyl peroxide to the damaged skin, eliminating the bacteria that cause clogging pores.
If in case you can’t reduce the condition of acne around the lips, go to a dermatology hospital or medical facility for examination for appropriate treatment.
6 ways to treat acne on the lips
According to Boldsky, lip acne usually goes away after a few days. However, some inflammatory acne will cause pain and swelling of the lips. Here are six ways to treat lip acne.
Turmeric contains many anti-inflammatory substances, which help improve acne faster.
- Prepare a mixture of a bit of turmeric powder and water.
- Apply the mixture to the acne-prone lips and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe with a warm cotton pad.
Repeat this twice a day for quick results.
The antibacterial property of carrot oil is effective in treating acne on the lips.
How to use:
- Mix 3-4 drops of carrot oil with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Apply the resulting mixture on the acne-affected lip skin.
- After 10 minutes, wipe it off with a wet cotton pad.
Repeat 3-4 times a day for quick results.
Aloe vera gel is a very effective remedy for pimples on the lips. Aloe vera also prevents the infection from spreading to other areas of the skin.
- Dip a cotton swab in aloe vera gel.
- Apply a cotton swab all over the acne-prone skin on the lips.
- Let the gel stay for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
- Use aloe vera gel 4-5 times a day to relieve pain.
Castor oil fights bacteria and reduces inflammation while treating acne.
- Just dip a clean cotton swab in castor oil and dab it on the acne-affected areas of your lips.
- After 20 – 25 minutes, wipe off with a wet towel or cotton pad and repeat the process 3-4 times a day for instant results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that can fight acne-causing bacteria and reduce swelling and redness.
- Dip a cotton swab in diluted apple cider vinegar and dab it on the acne-affected areas of your lips.
- Keep the vinegar on for a few minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
Repeat this process 2-3 times a day to get the desired results.
Green tea is rich in powerful antioxidants, helps treat infections, reduces inflammation, and is suitable for treating acne on the lips.
- Dip a cotton swab in unsweetened green tea water.
- Apply a cotton swab dipped in green tea to the affected lip area.
- Leave the green tea on your lips for 15 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
You can use this method 3-4 times/day.